Subject: bug#27427: 26.0.50; Native line numbers lead to display error in company-mode popup

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 17:36:50 +0300

On 6/25/17 5:32 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Thanks, but as I don't use company-mode, I need explanations to go
> with the screenshots ;-)

OK.

> First, is the display OK from your POV?  If not, what are the problems
> you'd prefer to solve?

The second screenshot shows the popup rendered at EOB, and it's rendered 
3 columns too far to the right than expected.

> Next, do those empty numbered lines in the first screenshots indicate
> a problem?

Like I described previously, the numbering doesn't know what to do with 
a part of the buffer covered by a multiline `display' string.

> Or are there indeed empty lines in the buffer?

Most lines in this buffer are empty, that doesn't seem to affect the 
presence of the numbers, except for the last line of the buffer.

> Finally, the EOB case is not in these screenshots, is it?  Or is the
> last one it?  If the latter, what problems do you see in that
> screenshot?
The last one, yes. The popup is 3 columns too far to the right.