Subject: bug#27427: 26.0.50; Native line numbers lead to display error in company-mode popup

From: Alexander Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:50:18 +0200

As requested by Eli on reddit, a proper bug report about the company issue:

Using the new native line numbers in emacs -q
alongside company mode results in line numbers not being rendered in
lines where the company-mode popup is active. This is the same as in
(n)linum-mode, however the company popup, except the first line, is also
shifted to the left into the space line numbers used to occupy:
http://imgur.com/xHf2mlp

It looks like there's a general issue of overlay using packages not
expecting the space now being used by line numbers. For example the
fill-column-indicator package draws its indicator too far to the left
and swerves off with the comments at the top for some reason:
http://imgur.com/WHcrhdC
(Don't know why the company popup looks even worse here, that doesn't
happen when I load my full config).

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.15)
of 2017-06-18 built on a-laptop
Repository revision: 7277c0fca7dab9f1b311c3eba5c42fd17acc3593
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation