Subject: [PATCH 0/2] 'guix-daemon --listen' can specify multiple interfaces

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 18:03:02 +0200

Hello Guix!

Commit 3dff90ce34448551bc82a6a7262837c0561a4691 added support for
guix:// URIs on the client side.  This commit adds guix-daemon support
to specify TCP sockets to listen to, like this:

  # Listen on the loopback interface only, port 1234.
  guix-daemon --listen=localhost:1234

  # Listen on the Unix-domain socket and on the public interface,
  # port 44146.
  guix-daemon --listen=/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket \
              --listen=0.0.0.0

The primary use case is clusters running a single ‘guix-daemon’ instance
that can be accessed from other nodes on the local network.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (2):
  store: Define a default port for TCP connections.
  daemon: '--listen' can be passed several times, can specify TCP
    endpoints.

 doc/guix.texi                 |  39 +++++-
 guix/store.scm                |  12 +-
 nix/nix-daemon/guix-daemon.cc | 152 +++++++++++++++++++++--
 nix/nix-daemon/nix-daemon.cc  | 283 +++++++++++++++++++-----------------------
 tests/guix-daemon.sh          |  12 ++
 5 files changed, 317 insertions(+), 181 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.1