Subject: bug#27418: `guix pull` gets stuck at "updating substitutes from 'https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org'... 100.0%"

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:54:07 +0200

Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]> writes:

> Following rekado's friendly advice, I was able to downgrade guix with:
>
>     guix pull --url=https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/snapshot/01049bb0c1f3f69afb8d1782f99ca5c0adaed946.tar.gz --no-substitutes

[…]

> Still, I wonder
>   * what caused this issue;

I’m not sure but it may have been caused by a hung “guix publish”
process.  This could have given you bad substitutes, which have been
added to your cache at “/var/guix/substitute/cache/”

>   * if anybody else is/was experiencing it; and

Others have reported it but I couldn’t reproduce it on my main machine.
This makes me think that it may have been a temporary issue with effects
on the local cache.

>   * when it will be fixed in master-branch (i.e. when I will be able to
>     `guix pull` and `guix pull` again successfully).

You may need to delete your substitute cache under
“/var/guix/substitute/cache/”.  jsierles on IRC reported that this fixed
their issue.

Could you please try that and report back?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net