Subject: 25.2; SGR reset is ignored if it terminates Eshell's output

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:31:03 +0100

Steps to reproduce:

- M-x eshell
- Enter "[33mhello[0m"

The new prompt becomes yellow.

It does not happen if the SGR reset sequence is not last.
This is fine for instance:

- echo "[33mhello[0m"X
- echo -n "[33mhello[0m"

Maybe an off-by-one error in the `ansi-*' function?

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.10)
 of 2017-04-22 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-modules
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe
 -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix