Subject: Re: [bug#27401] [PATCH] doc: Suggest a QEMU image size large enough for the system examples.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:13:28 -0400

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 08:03:17PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Leo Famulari writes:
> > 2) users will resize after booting
> 
> When I was asked to help with this, I was confronted with a 2GiB sda1
> and right behind that an EFI sda2.  That was running in vmware (don't
> ask ;-).  We hesitated, removed the sda2 and did the resize thing.

Ah, I didn't plan for that sort of disk layout.

> Sadly I have no further information, instead of testing the reboot we
> decided to go for qemu.
> 
> > I didn't come up with a better solution for the problem of not knowing
> > the storage size in advance. What do you think?
> 
> Yes, I think you made the right choice.

Okay. I'd like to clarify and say that I think we could do something
more sophisticated, but I'm not sure what we would do :)