Subject: [bug#27394] [PATCH] gnu: tor: Add seccomp support.

From: Rutger Helling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 14:33:31 +0200

Hey ng0, 

I think that ticket references whether the default torrc should have
"Sandbox 1". This patch doesn't do that, you still have to set that
manually if you want to use it. It only gives you the option (Tor will
just ignore that option in Guix right now). 

I also don't think that hardening and the sandbox bite each other in any
way. 

On 2017-06-16 14:01, ng0 wrote:

> Rutger Helling transcribed 2.5K bytes: 
> 
>> Hello, 
>> 
>> this patch adds seccomp support to tor.
> 
> There's the question if we would want that.
> tor doesn't enable it by default, see: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/19215
> But we also enable hardening by default, which differs from the tor default.
> I have no problem with moving unstable features in, but hardening
> seems much more tested to me than seccomp.