Subject: bug#27393: 25.2.50; *Find* file visiting does not work well for me.

From: [email-masked] (Vincent Belaïche)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:15:32 +0200

Le 16/06/2017 à 15:10, Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
> Why are you using MSYS programs with a native Windows build of Emacs?
> Why not use a native port of GNU Find instead?

Just to be fully complete about this one, the silly reason was that:

1) MSYS/find was already installed on my machine.

2) MSYS/find was supposedly good enough because command find-name-dired
   only outputs relative paths.

3) I was not aware of MSYS/Find bug
   (https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/2161/) --- or maybe I had
   forgotten about it, I have the impression that I had already met some
   similar issue quite some ago.

Now:

1) You are fully right, using EZWinPorts
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/findutils-4.2.30-5-w64-bin.zip/download
  does the job very well. In the end this is what I am doing now.

2) The other work around (which you may not like) is tampering the
   find-ls-option variable to set its car to "-exec ls -dils {} +" and
   continue with the MSYS find. I have tried that and it also fixes it,
   however I preferred to use EZWinPorts because the findutil is more
   recent and that allowed me to take the win64 port.

   Vincent.

---
L'absence de virus dans ce courrier électronique a été vérifiée par le logiciel antivirus Avast.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus