Subject: bug#27358: Timeout command was get failed to kill soffice.bin processes

From: Ken Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:58:19 +0530

Hello,

We are converting xls to csv file using unoconv command, unoconv command
start soffice.bin proccess for convert file and it working fine to kill
that unoconv + soffice.bin process by timeout command  if taken more than
time which define with timeout command, But sometime it was not killed
soffice.bin process  so any idea why this happen?, Which case can occur
this issue, Can you please look at this and guide me proper regarding this,
As i have mention command + installed pages in my system so that will be
help to assist this thing, Let me know if require any further info
regarding this

*Installed packages :------------------------*
Os CentOS-6.4
unoconv 0.5
LibreOffice 4.2.8.2
Libreoffice-headless 4.2.8.2
Python 2.6.6
timeout (GNU coreutils) 8.4

*Command :------------*
exec('timeout 300 unoconv -T 10 -vvvvv -f csv -o "destination.xls"
"destination.csv" 2>&1', $arrOp, $return_value);

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
- Ken