Subject: bug#27357: 26.0.50; Emacs starts fullscreen in Ubuntu 17.04

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:09:07 +0200

>> Can you change those settings on a per application basis?
 >
 > Not that I know.  In any case, this seems like it's an Emacs bug, and
 > shouldn't we fix that?

If it's an Emacs bug we should try to fix it.

 >> IIRC GTK Emacs supports scaling only partially.  Could you try with
 >> another toolkit?
 >
 > Well, this isn't about fixing my frames -- I can do that with a couple
 > of lines of Emacs Lisp.  But Emacs seems to be buggy here, and it would
 > be nice to fix that bug.

The question is whether GTK Emacs is buggy here.  If say, a Lucid build
behaves better, then we would have isolated a possible bug here.

 >> Also, ISTR that people complained about mispositioned
 >> scroll bars, menus and tooltips, sometimes alos about misplaced
 >> underlinings and the like.  Do you see any of those effects too?
 >
 > Nope.

Probably because you did not set GDK_SCALE.

martin