Subject: bug#27357: 26.0.50; Emacs starts fullscreen in Ubuntu 17.04

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:07:01 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Does this match the state of the window manager maximized button?  What
>>> happens when you click it?
>>
>> The window manager is Unity, and there's no button as such.  But there
>> is an "unmaximize" menu option, which works as it's supposed to.
>
> Which menu?  And what is the frame's size after "unmaximizing" it?

You get a menu when you right-click the title bar.  The frame's size is
the size of the screen after unmaximizing it, but you can then pull the
edges and make it smaller.

>> I meant command line options.  There's --maximized and --fullwidth and
>> --fullscreen and --fullheight, but no "no, I don't want anything maxed".
>
> If your window manager decides that the frame sould be maxed, Emacs
> won't resist.

No other windows except Emacs are maximized, so I don't think the window
manager has decided this.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no