Subject: bug#27357: 26.0.50; Emacs starts fullscreen in Ubuntu 17.04

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 17:16:56 +0200

Jan, I think you were the one that added the GDK_SCALE thing to Emacs?
I've been chasing down some HiDPI issues:

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> That might be a good idea, but I'm not sure where the previous people
> who were working on scaling were going with their work.
>
> Amusingly enough, the 
>
>       int scale = xg_get_gdk_scale ();
>
> stuff that's sprinkled around just seems to get in the way of fixing
> this stuff.  It explicitly looks at the GDK_SCALE environment variable,
> which is (by default) not set.  So while some bits of Emacs is using
> that variable to determine some things, querying GTK in the proper way
> (with gtk_widget_get_scale_factor) will get another answer.

Is there a drawback to looking at gtk_widget_get_scale_factor instead of
the GDK_SCALE variable?

Reworking this (on the scratch/hidpi branch) to not look at that
variable seems to fix all my HiDPI issues.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no