Subject: bug#27350: #27350 25.2; Make `inhibit-compacting-font-caches' customizable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:47:24 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 14:45:33 +0200
> Cc: "Felix E. Klee" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Anyway, if that variable does the trick for you, and you are happy
> > with it, by all means keep using it.  That's why I added it.  I just
> > hoped we will be able to find a better solution, but I guess not yet.
> 
> inhibit-compacting-font-caches is now t by default on Windows.  Can we
> therefore close this bug report?

It's fine with me to close it, but the fact that the variable is now
non-nil by default on MS-Windows has nothing to do with the decision
whether to close it.  I expressed my opinion about this long ago by
tagging it as wontfix.

Thanks.