Subject: bug#27350: 25.2; Make `inhibit-compacting-font-caches' customizable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 22:41:45 +0300

> Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 10:02:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I'm glad I brought it to your attention, in that case. ;-)

But you didn't: the problem reported by the OP doesn't reproduce on my
machine.  That's why we need the people who actually have those
problems to talk to us: we need to ask them to try several things in
order to attempt to find the reason.

> And you can also consider addressing the referenced "GitHub
> discussion thread"

I'm familiar with that thread, and the problem reported there is fixed
in Emacs 26.  So no, that doesn't help either.

> Both of those references should presumably help you gather
> info about "as many of these problems as possible".

They don't.  We need to have people with the problem report the
details and be ready to work with us on them.