Subject: bug#27346: module tests fail to compile with gcc 4.8.5

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 07:59:17 +0000

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> schrieb am Di., 13. Juni 2017 um 00:10 Uhr:

> Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
> > - After 5f25857f619f87c59e8e888fde5e66280a185123 dependency tracking
> > doesn't seem to work correctly any more on my macOS system (i.e.
> > mod-test.so isn't rebuilt if the module source has changed).
> > `make' is GNU Make 3.81; maybe there was a bug that has been fixed in
> > the meantime? If so, should we check for this in configure?
>
> The previous version used "$srcdir", which wasn't defined in that
> Makefile, and would have been wrong even if it was, so I can't see how
> it could ever have worked for you.

Indeed. I think what matters for 'make -C test src/emacs-module-tests' is
the dependency declaration in test/Makefile.in.

> It works for me now with make 3.82 if
> either mod-test.c or emacs-module.h is changed. I don't see how this
> could be specific to some version of make.
>

Does it also work if you run 'make src/emacs-module-tests' from 'test'?
That's the case that apparently doesn't work any more for me (probably
because of some unrelated change).