Subject: Re: bug#27346: module tests fail to compile with gcc 4.8.5

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 22:00:01 +0000

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> schrieb am Mo., 12. Juni 2017 um 23:46 Uhr:

> Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
> >> (Even with this change or your suggestion, I then get "Module
> >> initialization
> >> failed" when running the tests, but that's probably a different issue.)
> >
> > Do you get a more detailed error message?
>
> It was the off-by-one thing you just fixed.
>

Thanks. I've now also added some more informational messages.
Two smaller things:
- After 5f25857f619f87c59e8e888fde5e66280a185123 dependency tracking
doesn't seem to work correctly any more on my macOS system (i.e.
mod-test.so isn't rebuilt if the module source has changed). `make' is GNU
Make 3.81; maybe there was a bug that has been fixed in the meantime? If
so, should we check for this in configure?
- Regarding the core dumps, it would probably better to use `ulimit -c 0'
to prevent them during tests where aborts are expected. Not sure how to do
that portably though.