Subject: Re: [bug#27344] [PATCH v3 6/8] gnu: Add freehdl.

From: Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 17:07:54 +0300

Hello Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Just to be clear: does FreeHDL invoke the C compiler by itself, or is it
> up to the user to compile the C code produced by FreeHDL?
>
> In the former case, FreeHDL should definitely keep a reference to the C
> compiler; otherwise it wouldn’t work out-of-the-box.  In the latter
> case, it doesn’t have to keep a reference to the C compiler.

As I told you in IRC, I thought that this was the case, because
freehdl-v2cc, compiles to C.

It turns out that there is a script (gvhdl), that invokes the C compiler
on the output files, so I have created a patch to wrap with the correct
environment variables, and also fix some issues on an extra script
(freehdl-gennodes) that is written in guile.

I reply with that patch, and also updated patches for qucs and qucs-s,
so that we do not propagate gcc-toolchain.

Thanks for your patience,
-- 
Theodoros Foradis