Subject: [bug#27344] [PATCH 0/12] Add computational software and circuit simulators

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 14:58:30 +0200

Hi,

So I managed to push ASCO, but there’s still some left.

Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Danny, Theodoros: could we make sure the non-controversial parts of
>> these series get committed?  :-)
>
> I have made some additions to Danny's patch for libngspice and ngspice,
> and it's ready for the updated patch set.
>
> Another issue appeared with xyce-serial and xyce-parallel, namely that
> they don't build with lapack-3.7.1 which was recently updated. I got
> them to build, adding a lapack-3.5.0 variant, and I have sent an email
> upstream to confirm that version issue.

OK.

> There is an isssue with freehdl, qucs and qucs-s. That is, some packages
> need to be present at build time both as native inputs, and inputs, so
> that some references are substituted with the path to the target
> architecture binaries. Any ideas on how could that be done? Can a
> package be both a native and non-native input without issues?

Yes, that’s the right way to do it.

> I don't know how to test that, since the problem does not obviously
> manifest itself without cross-compiling.

Then again, don’t spend too much time on cross-compilation support,
unless there’s evidence that the whole stack can actually be
cross-compiled.

Could we resume this?

Ludo’.