Subject: Re: [bug#27344] [PATCH 0/12] Add computational software and circuit simulators

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:34:34 +0200

Hi Theodoros,

Theodoros Foradis <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> Danny, Theodoros: could we make sure the non-controversial parts of
>> these series get committed?  :-)
>
> I have made some additions to Danny's patch for libngspice and ngspice,
> and it's ready for the updated patch set.
>
> Another issue appeared with xyce-serial and xyce-parallel, namely that
> they don't build with lapack-3.7.1 which was recently updated. I got
> them to build, adding a lapack-3.5.0 variant, and I have sent an email
> upstream to confirm that version issue.
>
> There is an isssue with freehdl, qucs and qucs-s. That is, some packages
> need to be present at build time both as native inputs, and inputs, so
> that some references are substituted with the path to the target
> architecture binaries. Any ideas on how could that be done? Can a
> package be both a native and non-native input without issues? I don't
> know how to test that, since the problem does not obviously manifest
> itself without cross-compiling.

I’m afraid I can’t really help, but can you explicitly direct Danny to
the bits that should be readily applicable?

I guess it’s a bit hard for reviewers to follow if there’s a mixture of
patches ready to applied and work-in-progress patches.

Thanks in advance, and sorry this takes so much time!

Ludo’.