Subject: Re: bug#27341: updated patch to fix docstring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 15:13:29 -0400

Alex Branham <[email-masked]> writes:

>> You missed the double spacing before the "Else,".
>
> D'oh! Fixed this time, sorry!

Oh, the funny indentation came back, do you have some Emacs setting
that's doing that?

>>> Actually, we need to check (use-region-p) anyway in case the mark
>>> hasn't been activated yet in the buffer:
>>
>> Hmm, I just tried this and it doesn't quite do the job.  I believe the
>> problem is that the (interactive "r") form throws an error when the mark
>> hasn't been activated yet.  To handle this case correctly you need to
>> replace the "r" with some lisp code that produces the argument list.
>
> Ok, now I don't use "r" and just get the region directly. I think that'll do the trick?

Oh yeah, that works.  We should try not to add compiler warnings though:

  ELC      net/eww.elc

In toplevel form:
../../emacs-master/lisp/net/eww.el:315:1:Warning: Unused lexical argument
    ‘end’
../../emacs-master/lisp/net/eww.el:315:1:Warning: Unused lexical argument
    ‘beg’

I think we can just drop the arguments as well, lisp programs can always
do (eww (buffer-substring BEG END)) instead.

Do you think the prompt string should be a bit more detailed?  "Query"
seems a bit vague (e.g., consider if you hit M-s M-w by accident).
Maybe we should just do (call-interactively 'eww) and then we'll get the
prompt from there.