Subject: bug#2732: 23.0.91; Please add support for Objective-C++

From: Yavor Doganov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:09:03 +0200

Package: emacs,cc-mode
Severity: wishlist

I had to edit some ObjC++ files today in my pathetic attempt to port
Dasher [1] to GNUstep.  Emacs opens .mm files in nroff-mode, and
manually switching to c++-mode or objc-mode does not give satisfactory
results.

Objective-C++ is supported by GCC and GNUstep Make, and although there
are currently no free programs written in this language (TTBOMK, apart
from the various free software ported to Mac OS X; but it's unusable
for other reasons), this is likely to change in the near future.

I realize this is Emacs 24 or 25 material; there is no problem about
that.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2009-03-18 on gana, modified for gNewSense
 (Unofficial gNewSense emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20090318-gns1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10400090

[1] http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/dasher/