Subject: Re: bug#27312: 25.2; can't activate fcitx even though env is set up correctly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:22:33 -0400

Leonard Lausen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If you evaluate (getenv "XMODIFIERS") do you get the expected value?
>> Does evaluating (setenv "XMODIFIERS" "@im=fcitx") help?
>
> (getenv "XMODIFIERS") returns in "@im=fcitx" for both modes ("emacs -Q"
> and "emacs -Q -nw"). Running a further (setenv "XMODIFIERS" "@im=fcitx")
> does not make any difference.

Ok, I see that according to Bug#10867, it should work with your setup.
Have you ever got it working with older Emacs versions?

I guess you've also verified that 'locale -a' shows 'zh_CN.UTF-8'?  I'm
afraid I don't know how to troubleshoot this any further.

> Note that if I press the Ctrl-Space key (which should change the fcitx
> input method) "emacs -Q" reports "Mark set" and "Mark deactivated",
> while for "emacs -Q -nw" the input method is changed correctly (i.e. I
> can input Chinese characters thereafter).

Yeah, I guess for 'emacs -nw' it's really the terminal program that
handles the input method, Emacs doesn't know anything about it.