Subject: Re: bug#27312: 25.2; can't activate fcitx even though env is set up correctly

From: Leonard Lausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:55:55 +0900

On 06/15/2017 09:10 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Leonard Lausen <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Even though all environment variables are (afaik) set up correctly, and
>> fcitx is working in all other programs, it does not work in emacs GUI
>> mode. It works fine if I start emacs in the terminal.
> 
> By the "GUI mode" do you mean 'emacs' vs 'emacs -nw'?  Or do you mean
> that the you use a different kind of launcher?

Sorry for being imprecise. Indeed I mean 'emacs -Q' vs 'emacs -Q -nw'

> If you evaluate (getenv "XMODIFIERS") do you get the expected value?
> Does evaluating (setenv "XMODIFIERS" "@im=fcitx") help?

(getenv "XMODIFIERS") returns in "@im=fcitx" for both modes ("emacs -Q"
and "emacs -Q -nw"). Running a further (setenv "XMODIFIERS" "@im=fcitx")
does not make any difference.

Note that if I press the Ctrl-Space key (which should change the fcitx
input method) "emacs -Q" reports "Mark set" and "Mark deactivated",
while for "emacs -Q -nw" the input method is changed correctly (i.e. I
can input Chinese characters thereafter).

Thanks for your help.