Subject: bug#27308: [PATCH] gnu: gnutls: Replace with 3.5.13.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 20:07:57 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I tested this graft on my profile, but apparently the grafting code
>> checks the store item length and refuses since the .13 is one byte
>> longer than .9:
>
> [...]
>
>> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
>> ERROR: replacement length differs from the original length "56dbd2gw33g3wdxmq78lr39lamg8gxnq-gnutls-3.5.9" "78kvf0ma45z3h14850wzkcvz3zqg59xy-gnutls-3.5.13"
>
> The attached patch allows the graft to proceed, but I'm not sure about
> the sanity of it all. Thoughts?

[...]

> Subject: [PATCH] build: graft: Allow longer replacement store names.

Thinking further about this, replacing a string of a fixed length with
that of another sounds highly unsafe. So I'm not sure what the best
approach here is. Maybe some dummy version number like 3.5.a? Or simply
keep 3.5.9?