Subject: Re: [bug#27302] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add emacs-dired-hacks-utils.

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 21:55:31 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2017-06-22 22:02 +0200) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Alex Kost <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Hello, thanks for the patches and sorry for the delay!
>>
>> I see that this "dired-hacks" repository is split into multiple packages
>> on MELPA, and you follow this path, however I think it would be much
>> easier for us just to have a single "emacs-dired-hacks" package.
>> Otherwise, we'll have to pick single files for all these "dired-open",
>> "dired-avfs" and other packages, which is not convenient.
>>
>> What do you think?  Are there any objections on making a single
>> "dired-hacks" package?
>
> I think Oleg’s lack of response might suggest that we should apply the
> patch as-is.  :-)  WDYT, Alex?  Having separate packages may be better
> than nothing at all.

Right, the problem however is that MELPA sources are used to get these
packages.  I can make a single "dired-hacks" package if it's reasonable.
OTOH if multiple packages are somehow "better", then we have to make
multiple recipes.

-- 
Alex