Subject: [bug#27302] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add emacs-dired-hacks-utils.

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:38:39 +0300

Hello, thanks for the patches and sorry for the delay!

I see that this "dired-hacks" repository is split into multiple packages
on MELPA, and you follow this path, however I think it would be much
easier for us just to have a single "emacs-dired-hacks" package.
Otherwise, we'll have to pick single files for all these "dired-open",
"dired-avfs" and other packages, which is not convenient.

What do you think?  Are there any objections on making a single
"dired-hacks" package?

If you think a single package is appropriate, could you make a patch for
it?

Since "dired-hacks" has no releases, we have to use 'git-fetch' instead
of 'url-fetch' for source.  It should look something like this:

(define-public emacs-dired-hacks
  (let ((commit "eda68006ce73bbf6b9b995bfd70d08bec8cade36")
        (revision "1"))
    (package
      (name "emacs-dired-hacks")
      (version (string-append "0.0.0-" revision "."
                              (string-take commit 7)))
      (source (origin
                (method git-fetch)
                (uri (git-reference
                      (url "https://github.com/Fuco1/dired-hacks.git")
                      (commit commit)))
                (file-name (string-append name "-" version "-checkout"))
                (sha256
                 (base32
                  "some-letters-and-numbers-here"))))
      ...)))

BTW we already have a single "emacs-ivy" package (instead of "ivy",
"swiper" and "counsel" as it is split on MELPA).

-- 
Alex