Subject: Re: bug#27296: [PATCH 33/35] gnu: Add texlive-union.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 17:51:41 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
[…]
>> “texlive-union” is primarily for the benefit of package definitions that
>> currently use “texlive” as an input, as the alternative is for these
>> packages to set a lot of environment variables in build phases.  I
>> reduced the number of variables by providing texmf.cnf, but at the very
>> least packages would have to set TEXMFCNF and provide their own
>> texmf.cnf to make the texlive binaries find packages, fonts,
>> configurations, etc.
>
> I see, that makes sense!  So the ‘texmf.cnf’ file created by
> ‘texlive-union’ is automatically found, right?

All executables in the texlive-union are wrapped with TEXMFCNF (and
TEXMF) so that they will use the correct texmf.cnf.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net