Subject: Package (haskell-emacs) not auto-loading

From: Jeff Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2017 16:40:55 -0700 (MST)

I installed haskell-emacs, by running "package-list-packages" and selecting
it. That compiled and ("ran"?) it. When I started a new Emacs session,
however, the haskell-emacs package was no longer ("running"?). 

My .emacs file includes some auto-generated code that seems intended to load
haskell-emacs on startup:

```
(custom-set-variables
 ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
 ;; If you edit it by hand, you could mess it up, so be careful.
 ;; Your init file should contain only one such instance.
 ;; If there is more than one, they won't work right.
 '(package-archives
   (quote
    (("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")
     ("melpa-stable" . "http://stable.melpa.org/packages/"))))
 '(package-selected-packages (quote (haskell-emacs haskell-mode))))
(package-initialize)
```

One of the examples suggested in the haskell-emacs README is to run 
`(Matrix.identity 1)`. In the (still-open) Emacs session from which I
installed haskell-emacs, I can go to *scratch* and evaluate that, and it
prints `((1))` to the *Messages* buffer.

However, in any new Emacs session, if I go to the *scratch* buffer and
evaluate the same expression, I get an `eval: Symbol’s function definition
is void: Matrix\.identity` error.

--
View this message in context: http://emacs.1067599.n8.nabble.com/Package-haskell-emacs-not-auto-loading-tp428955.html
Sent from the Emacs - Bugs mailing list archive at Nabble.com.