Subject: Re: bug#27282: Perl 5.26.0 "dotless @INC" [was Re: bug#27227: [PATCH] gnu: perl: Update to 5.26.0.]

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 22:48:02 -0400

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 11:29:16AM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 02:28:54PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:
> > > We should set this PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC variable in the SWIG package
> > > definition, right? Probably we will need to set it in several other
> > > packages as well.
> > 
> > We can do that, but probably there will be (or there is already) a patch
> > for SWIG to not rely on having “.” in @INC, no?
> 
> I hoped so, but I couldn't find any discussion on the SWIG bug tracker
> or mailing list, nor a commit in their source repo.
> 
> I guess I should bring it up on their bug tracker :)

I filed a bug report:

https://github.com/swig/swig/issues/997

In the meantime, setting PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC will give us what we had
before, which is a SWIG that looks for modules in the current working
directory.

Building core-updates locally, I found several other Perl modules that
have the same issue.