Subject: Re: bug#27266: Crash using IDO, at C-x C-f

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 01:13:37 +0200

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Gniazdowski <[email-masked]> writes:

> I was at IDO, C-x C-f, browsing for a file, entered parts of directories
> multiple times, for IDO to complete (TAB), didn't reach final stage of
> entering file name part, I entered "redis"<TAB>, wanted "zredis", I
> think I decided to Backspace file name "redis" to then enter "zredis",
> and the crash happened.
>
> OS X, homebrew emacs-plus --HEAD

Are you still seeing this issue?  If yes, could you please take a look
at the questions posed by Charles below?  (It was sent to the bug
report, but it seems like he didn't send a copy to you.)

"Charles A. Roelli" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Sorry for the delayed response.  Can you reproduce this issue from
> emacs -q (i.e., without any of your own customizations)?  I also see
> in your "Recent messages" this line:
>
> ad-handle-definition: ‘ido-find-file’ got redefined
>
> How did ‘ido-find-file’ get redefined?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas