Subject: bug#27264: closed (Re: bug#27264: gnome-shell-3.24.2 consistently dies during initialization)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 07:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27264: gnome-shell-3.24.2 consistently dies during initialization

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27264: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27264
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27264: gnome-shell-3.24.2 consistently dies during initialization
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 03:02:13 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Mark, others: Can you try these patches and see if they work for you
>> (extracted from Keis patch).
>
> Actually, I just pushed them to 'master' since geoclue rebuilds
> 'webkitgtk' and Kei had already verified that gnome-shell now starts.

The patches you pushed to master fix the problem for me.  Thank you for
taking care of this.  I'm closing this bug now.

      Mark

Subject: gnome-shell-3.24.2 consistently dies during initialization
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 00:59:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On my x86_64-linux system running GuixSD, on my first attempt to update
my system since 'staging' was merged, GNOME Shell consistently fails to
start.  If I switch to tty1 (text console), I see this error message:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(.gnome-shell-real:11698): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: Requiring Rsvg, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'Rsvg' (any version) not found
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/padOsd.js:8:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/windowManager.js:20:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:19:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/appDisplay.js:26:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/dash.js:13:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/overviewControls.js:10:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/overview.js:20:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/legacyTray.js:12:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js:23:7
@<main>:1:31

** Message: Execution of main.js threw exception: JS_EvaluateScript() failed
gnome-session-binary[11649]: WARNING: App 'org.gnome.Shell.desktop' exited with code 1

(.gnome-shell-real:11717): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: Requiring Rsvg, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'Rsvg' (any version) not found
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/padOsd.js:8:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/windowManager.js:20:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/workspace.js:19:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/appDisplay.js:26:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/dash.js:13:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/overviewControls.js:10:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/overview.js:20:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/legacyTray.js:12:7
@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js:23:7
@<main>:1:31

** Message: Execution of main.js threw exception: JS_EvaluateScript() failed
gnome-session-binary[11649]: WARNING: App 'org.gnome.Shell.desktop' exited with code 1
gnome-session-binary[11649]: WARNING: App 'org.gnome.Shell.desktop' respawning too quickly
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

       Mark