Subject: bug#27264: gnome-shell-3.24.2 consistently dies during initialization

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:01:22 +0200

Hi Mark,

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Roel Janssen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>>
>>>> (.gnome-shell-real:11698): Gjs-WARNING **: JS ERROR: Error: Requiring Rsvg, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'Rsvg' (any version) not found
>>>
>>> Looks like the librsvg JS bindings are missing.  Would it help to add
>>> librsvg as an input to ‘gnome-shell’?
>>>
>>> Ludo’.
>>
>> Adding librsvg to gnome-shell solves this problem, however, a similar
>> error for Geoclue2 occurs.  I added 'geoclue' to the inputs, but that
>> doesn't solve the problem.
>
> Thanks.

Great, could you this fix if you haven’t already?

> I have a question: Does GNOME 3 work for *anyone* in Guix now?  If so,
> that would be useful information.  If not, I wonder why this got merged
> into master.

I think many of us use GTK+/GNOME applications, but fewer use GNOME, so
I suppose we just didn’t test a full GNOME setup.

Next time we should probably do that or, even better, have an automated
test that logs in, takes a screenshot, and does some OCR to check
whether we got something that looks like a GNOME screen.

WDYT?

Ludo’.