Subject: bug#27261: closed (Re: bug#27261: guix package -u should warn about non-existent packages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 20:31:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27261: guix package -u should warn about non-existent packages

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27261: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27261
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27261: guix package -u should warn about non-existent packages
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 22:30:10 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]> skribis:

> In order to guard against users unwittingly using old software with
> unpatched security flaws, "guix package -u" should issue a warning if
> any packages in the profile that match the provided patterns are not
> found in the set of available packages.

Fixed in a1b46bdc069e6e3bbc5b171fafbc40213611ff1f, thanks!

Ludo’.

Subject: guix package -u should warn about non-existent packages
From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 20:48:43 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In order to guard against users unwittingly using old software with
unpatched security flaws, "guix package -u" should issue a warning if
any packages in the profile that match the provided patterns are not
found in the set of available packages.

       Mark