Subject: 26.0.50; 26.0.50: EWW displays LaTeX formulas as extemely large

From: Wouter Beek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 22:04:41 +0200

1. M-x eww
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_number RET
3. Scroll down the page to an enormously large LaTeX formula.

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-06-02 built on laptop
Repository revision: f0d79d2b8d3a8a0b2aa7b39519d1df32f0e335e6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description:	Ubuntu 17.04

Recent messages:
(No changes need to be saved)
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/wbeek/Publications/2017/The-Next-700-Linked-Data-Startups/main.tex...
Wrote /home/wbeek/Publications/2017/The-Next-700-Linked-Data-Startups/main.tex
Making completion list...
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Quit [4 times]
Making completion list...
funcall-interactively: End of buffer [2 times]

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debbugs

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-version
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/wbeek/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20170515/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/26.0.50/lisp/org/ob-screen

Features:
(shadow apropos emacsbug sendmail debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client
warnings face-remap shr-color cursor-sensor mhtml-mode css-mode color js
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cl flyspell ispell cus-theme cus-edit cus-start cus-load
iso-transl etags xref project ox-odt ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox sort smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh
nnfolder utf-7 gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache pp timezone network-stream starttls url-http url-gw nsm
url-cache url-auth eww mm-url url-queue shr svg xml browse-url tex-mode
latexenc rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
sh-script executable org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m dired-aux find-dired thingatpt grep compile misearch
multi-isearch magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect
magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree
magit-branch magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-popup git-commit magit-utils
crm log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor cl-extra help-mode
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh server dash vc-git diff-mode imenu prolog
smie align ob-sparql sparql-mode url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap ob-R
ob-http ob-http-mode rx json map s ob-dot org-element avl-tree org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src
easy-mmode ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
advice comint ansi-color ring ob-core pcase ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
subr-x puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit time edmacro kmacro cyberpunk-theme finder-inf info package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2844314 327469)
 (symbols 48 68605 3)
 (miscs 40 1700 3342)
 (strings 32 363549 105884)
 (string-bytes 1 14216507)
 (vectors 16 97661)
 (vector-slots 8 2228133 85041)
 (floats 8 3579 1121)
 (intervals 56 306858 1975)
 (buffers 976 114))