Subject: bug#27257: python-apsw bundles a version of SQLite

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 18:32:10 +0200

The version of python-apsw (and of course python2-apsw) come with a bundled
copy of SQLite.
The bundled version seems to be a special single-source-file version [1].

I have tried deleting the bundled copy in a new phase, and this allows
python-apsw to build with the system SQLite libraries instead (someone
prematurely added sqlite as an input already, it was just never used).

This leads to a new problem, where that one of the VFS tests uses about 14
gigs of memory, and seems to hang as well. I am not sure if this is
indicative of any real issues when using python-apsw, and as such I am not
confident that just deleting the bundled copy of SQLite will help us, as it
might lead to an unusable package.

Some possible directions on resolving this issue:
- Debug the multiple thousand lines of test code to see exactly where/how
the test fails when using the system SQLite library
- Package the right version of the SQLite amalgation [1] that is now
bundled, although the amalgation should be functionally equivalent to the
normal SQLite version.

Thanks,
Jelle

[1]: https://www.sqlite.org/amalgamation.html