Subject: Re: bug#27243: another case: dired-auto-revert-buffer jumps point to beginning of buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 03:23:05 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1. emacs -Q
> 2. M-: switch-to-buffer-preserve-window-point RET => t
>    M-: dired-auto-revert-buffer RET => nil
> 3. C-x d RET M-: (point) => 211
> 4. C-x 2 C-x o 10 n M-: (point) => 890
> 5. C-x o ^ RET M-: (point) => 211
> also: 6. C-x o ^ RET M-: (point) => 890

But if I do this with emacs -Q, and use edebug to step through the
related functions, I can reproduce it there.  It is enough to edebug
just `dired-find-file' and hit SPC, SPC ... for the issue to occur as I
see it.

I was using two different frames for Edebugging and performing the
recipe.

Does this confirm my suspicions that intermediate redisplay may play a
role?

Michael.