Subject: bug#27243: another case: dired-auto-revert-buffer jumps point to beginning of buffer

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 13:44:41 +0200

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 17:45:01 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:14:50 +0200
>> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
>> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], 
>>  [email-masked]
>> 
>>  >> Doesn't this already happen, and will continue happening after the
>>  >> proposed change?
>>  >
>>  > Yes.
>> 
>> Here it doesn't already happen and will not continue happening
>> after the proposed change.
>
> As long as the current behavior doesn't change, it's fine with me.

I pushed the fix to master (8e394b082b).  I also added a test for this
case; even though the change is to find-file, I added the test to
dired-tests.el, since it's testing dired-auto-revert-buffer and belongs
with the other two cases of this bug.  (I also pulled apart the test of
the two previous cases into two separate tests.  I did this because the
Hydra build system shows the previous combined test failing
intermittently; it doesn't fail for me with make check, and AFAICS the
test doesn't depend on anything outside of the test environment, so it's
a mystery why it sometimes fails on Hydra, but maybe separately testing
the two cases, though nearly identical, will help locate the point of
failure.)

Steve Berman