Subject: bug#2722 closed by Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2722: Tibetan font selection broken)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 01:50:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2722: Tibetan font selection broken

It has been closed by Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2722: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2722
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2722: Tibetan font selection broken
From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:43:54 +0900

Fixed by these changes.

	* font.c (find_font_encoding): Return Qnil for unsupported
	encoding (Bug#2722).

	* international/fontset.el (font-encoding-alist): Add an entry for
	muletibetan-0.  (Bug#2722)

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]

Subject: Tibetan font selection broken
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:00:23 +0100

This change:

2009-03-05  Kenichi Handa  <[email-masked]>

	* font.c (font_select_entity): New function.
	(font_find_for_lface): Use font_select_entity to select a font.

	* fontset.c (fontset_find_font): If a font found without
	restricting of the characters C doen't support C, try to find a
	font with C restriction.

has broken display of tibetan characters.  The characters are no longer
found in the gnu-unicode font.  Instead a weird, one-pixel wide empty
box is shown for each font (see the attached snapshot).  I have also
attached the font logs from before and after that change.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."