Subject: bug#27217: texlive is too big

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:15:18 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I was also looking at the remaining dependencies on ‘texlive’.  For
>> ‘teximpatient’, it looks like we’d need
>> <https://ctan.org/pkg/mflogo-font> but:

[...]

>> Throw to key `srfi-34' with args `(#<condition &invoke-error [program: "svn" arguments: ("checkout" "--non-interactive" "--trust-server-cert" "-r" "44591" "svn://mwww.tug.org/texlive/tags/texlive-2017.1/Master/texmf-dist/source/latex/mflogo-font" "/tmp/guix-directory.lVf6gO") exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f] 2219000>)'.
>
> So it fetches the description from ctan.org just fine, but then cannot
> download the directory from the SVN repository.
>
> That’s because there is no such directory in the SVN repository; see:
>
>   https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/tags/texlive-2017.1/Master/texmf-dist/source/latex/
>
> There’s “mflogo”, but no “mflogo-font”.

“mflogo” appears to be a different thing though, it doesn’t contain the
font.  I found the ‘logo’ font in ‘texlive-fonts-knuth-lib’ though!

Now I can’t find the ‘pplr’ font (actually Adobe’s Palatino).

Ludo’.