Subject: Re: bug#27212: [PATCH] file-systems: Improve error handling in the iso9660 case - fixes boot problem.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 15:45:55 -0400

On Sat, Jun 03, 2017 at 08:25:00PM +0200, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> sorry for the slip-up.
> 
> The error handling in 203a9455c4695152fc5d0085bffeead9ce3216c2 was improved
> for the case when there's no iso9660 primary volume descriptor anywhere and no
> terminator either.  In that case the CD is broken.
> 
> But if there's no iso9660 volume descriptor AT ALL (primary or not) it's not a
> fatal error for guix gnu/build/file-systems.scm - it just means we picked the
> wrong filesystem type and should try the next one.  This case was not handled
> correctly and this patch addresses this.
> 
> I'd like help with testing this patch.  If someone with a fast computer could
> apply this patch, then run make check-system, and then, if everything worked,
> run guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm , that would be great (my computer
> is building guix master for the last 3 days and probably needs 4 more - so no
> idea whether the patch works).

I don't have access to a fast GuixSD system today.

How about reverting the original change now, so that we can reduce the number of
people who hit the bug. Then we can test the revised commit afterwards.