Subject: bug#27154: 25.2; python.el shell does not respect getpass.getpass prompt

From: Diego Fernandez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 16:50:35 -0400

1. Start emacs
2. M-x run-python
3. from getpass import getpass; getpass()
4. Type in anything

This displays what the user is typing in the shell, but the expected
behavior is that the text should not be echoed.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.12)
 of 2017-05-02 built on buildhw-09.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11903000
System Description: Fedora release 26 (Twenty Six)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-
png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -grecord-gcc-switches
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-pyenv-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-local-symbol-highlight-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[sml] sml/theme set to dark
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
[pyenv] using custard
Starting Emacs daemon.
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20170527.2302/helm-elisp.el: ‘dont-compile’ is an
obsolete macro (as of 24.4).
Quit
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
condition-case: Start a Python process first with ‘M-x run-python’ or
‘’.
Shell native completion is disabled, using fallback

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail winner helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes
smart-mode-line-dark-theme smart-mode-line rich-minority
tango-dark-theme ignoramus cl company-statistics company-oddmuse
company-capf company-files company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-cmake company-xcode
company-clang company-eclim company-nxml company-bbdb company-semantic
company-template company-tern dash-functional tern url-http tls gnutls
url-auth url-gw company-web-html company-web-jade company-web
company-css company-yasnippet company cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-
menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs helm-mode helm-ag
elec-pair paren rainbow-delimiters python-docstring keyfreq
helm-projectile helm-files image-dired dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-external helm-
net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-buffers
helm-grep derived helm-regexp helm-utils helm-locate helm-help
helm-types helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib
projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer django-snippets pig-snippets
angular-snippets yasnippet highlight-indentation elpy pyvenv
elpy-profile elpy-django s elpy-refactor python ido grep compile files-
x
etags xref project ac-html-bootstrap web-completion-data sudo-edit
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-branch
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-margin
magit-mode magit-git magit-section magit-popup git-commit magit-utils
crm log-edit message idna dired rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-
editor
async-bytecomp async tramp-sh docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
format-spec advice server pyenv systemd url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars thingatpt conf-mode
edmacro kmacro coffee-mode comint ansi-color ring flycheck json map
subr-x semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base cl-seq semantic/idle
semantic/format ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw eieio eieio-core mode-local find-func cedet cap-words
superword subword time-date auto-package-update cl-macs dash session
cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit use-package diminish bind-key
easy-mmode finder-inf rx info package epg-config seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-
internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 586847 61993)
 (symbols 48 48907 702)
 (miscs 40 319 1191)
 (strings 32 125248 19987)
 (string-bytes 1 4108554)
 (vectors 16 73746)
 (vector-slots 8 1243261 11328)
 (floats 8 1471 394)
 (intervals 56 769 1059)
 (buffers 976 25))

-- 
Diego Fernandez - 爱国
Senior Software Engineer
CEE Analytics (& Diagnostics)

IRC: aiguofer on #gss, #customer-platform, #cee, or #wabash

*Please make your CEE Analytics requests here
<https://operations.cee.redhat.com/#/requests/analytics>!*