Subject: bug#27150: plan9-like text editor wily

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 17:08:12 +0200

ng0 <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 551a544eab8f4295581ace79a5c8b5b2a9c3b581 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 18:08:24 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add wily.
>
> * gnu/packages/text-editors.scm (wily): New variable.

[...]

> +    (home-page "http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~oz/wily/")
> +    (synopsis "Implementation of ACME")
> +    (description
> +     "Wily is a mouse-oriented, text-based environment for programmers.
> +It lets you interact with files, directories and programs through mouse and keyboard
> +operations on plain text.  Most of Wily's design (but none of its code) comes
> +from Rob Pike's acme.")
> +    (license license:gpl3+)))

On closer inspection, the license is not GPLv3+ at all, AFAICS.  There’s
an ‘Artistic’ file license with the old Artistic license, which is
non-free AFAIK.  And there’s code in libframe/ for instance marked as:

  /* Copyright (c) 1992 AT&T - All rights reserved. */

Lacking additional info, that makes it non-free.  There’s also a bunch
of Plan 9 headers and stuff taken as-is.

Do you know of free distros that provide Wily?  Could you check whether
I’m missing something?

Thanks,
Ludo’.