Subject: bug#31221: closed (Re: bug#27149: perl for arm-linux-gnueabihf)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 09:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27149: Cross compiling perl with guix pack fails

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27149: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27149
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27149: perl for arm-linux-gnueabihf
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],Gérald Lelong <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:01:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>>> *guix build --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf* *perl* fails with the following
>>> output: https://pastebin.com/QF0xKAmR

This has been fixed by #40698.

Thanks,
Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

Subject: Cross compiling perl with guix pack fails
From: Raphaël Mélotte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 22:58:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I'm trying to make a wireshark package for an old 32bit system where I
cannot install guix but it always fails with the same error. This is the
command I'm using:
guix pack -S /opt/gnu/bin=bin --target=i686-pc-linux-gnu wireshark

And this is the error I get:

starting phase `remove-extra-references'
Backtrace:
          13 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/304qy7gcwfsfsfxi9x98j5kw7i2…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35 12 (_ _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16 11 (every1 #<procedure a40380 at /gnu/store/71d3rwa514j7v…> …)
In
/gnu/store/71d3rwa514j7vy5l4vfivf68g5yxibvl-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   711:27 10 (_ _)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  9 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…>) …) …) …) …) …))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    841:4  8 (with-throw-handler _ _ _)
In ice-9/ports.scm:
   444:17  7 (call-with-input-file _ _ #:binary _ #:encoding _ # _)
In
/gnu/store/71d3rwa514j7vy5l4vfivf68g5yxibvl-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:
   610:26  6 (_ _)
   636:26  5 (_ #<input: /gnu/store/fvlb30v6gvm5k8hdmqz7c4g8vaaqvxr…> …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  4 (fold #<procedure 7ffff4385530 at /gnu/store/71d3rwa51…> …)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   202:51  3 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…> …)) …) …) …) …))
    163:9  2 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)…> …)) …) …) …) …))
In unknown file:
           1 (string-append "incpth='" #f "/include'\n")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   752:25  0 (dispatch-exception _ _ _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:752:25: In procedure dispatch-exception:
In procedure string-append: Wrong type (expecting string): #f
builder for `/gnu/store/szkpdjdxalwb793kkbfjibvhxki33x8l-perl-5.26.2.drv'
failed with exit code 1
guix pack: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/szkpdjdxalwb793kkbfjibvhxki33x8l-perl-5.26.2.drv' failed

Since it seems related to perl, I tried running the same guix pack command
for perl only, and it fails with the same error.

I found a reference in the IRC logs about the same kind of error with
another package, but I can't tell if it's really related or not. I'll still
paste that reference here just in case:
https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guix/2015-07-14#T699278

Any clue on how I could debug that ?

Thanks