Subject: Inline math in "\(\)" pairs won't highlight in captions

From: Hong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 17:28:22 -0700

The following minimal example

\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
  \centering
  \caption{Math \(x=y\) and $x=y$.}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

$x=y$ is highlighted but \(x=y\) is not. Perhaps both should be highlighted?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.50.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-05-22
Package: 2017-05-29

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2017-05-29"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("/usr/local/var/auctex"
"/home/hong/.emacs.d/el-get/auctex/style"
                  "/home/hong/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
"/home/hong/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto"
                  "style")
 TeX-auto-save nil
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts)
%`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode
texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run plain TeX")
                    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
(latex-mode doctex-mode) :help
                     "Run LaTeX")
                    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t"
TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                     "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
TeX-run-compile nil
                     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %(extraopts)
%`%S%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                    ("ConTeXt" "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts)
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
                     nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
                    ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts)
%(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                     (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help
"Run BibTeX")
                    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run
Biber")
                    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
"Run Viewer")
                    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the
file")
                    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View
the printer queue" :visible
                     TeX-queue-command)
                    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
                     "Generate PostScript file")
                    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t
:help
                     "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                    ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil t :help
                     "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
                     "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                    ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command
nil t :help
                     "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
                     "Run makeindex to create index file")
                    ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t t :help
                     "Run upmendex to create index file")
                    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                     "Run xindy to create index file")
                    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil
(latex-mode) :help
                     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil
(latex-mode) :help
                     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")"
TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Spell-check the document")
                    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                     "Delete generated intermediate files")
                    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t
:help
                     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an
arbitrary command"))
 )

Hong