Subject: bug#27067: closed (Re: bug#27067: Feature request: please allow for either automatic logging of all output of every guix commands or add an option to each guix command to allow it for all to be logged)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:23:03 +0000

Your bug report

#27067: Feature request: please allow for either automatic logging of all output of every guix commands or add an option to each guix command to allow it for all to be logged

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27067: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27067
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27067: Feature request: please allow for either automatic logging of all output of every guix commands or add an option to each guix command to allow it for all to be logged
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 12:21:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

[email-masked] skribis:

> I think the current logging is good enough.
>
> I vote for closing this as Brenton did not answer during a long time and
> nobody else thought this was worth implementing.

I agree, done!

Ludo’.

Subject: Feature request: please allow for either automatic logging of all output of every guix commands or add an option to each guix command to allow it for all to be logged
From: Brenton Horne <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 17:54:12 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

As I understand it only the guix build command has an option to log output
to a file. I would like to request that each guix command have the option
at least (if not automatic like it is for Gentoo's Portage package manager)
to log all output to a file. I believe this will help both users and
developers deal with bugs and alike in the package manager. I realize
people can already log all output using redirection like with:

COMMAND > output.log 2>&1

but with this method no output is shown at the command-line so users can't
track what guix is doing in real-time.

Thanks for your time,
Brenton