Subject: Re: bug#27059: Can't compile master branch on Mac OS X

From: David Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 12:30:44 -0700

On 5/26/17 10:23 AM, David Caldwell wrote:
> On 5/25/17 12:02 PM, Alan Third wrote:
>> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 09:25:47AM -0700, David Caldwell wrote:
>>> That didn't work, neither did the current HEAD. The current HEAD is
>>> missing the backslash after the defined (NS_IMPL_GNUSTEP), for one
>>> thing. But testing against MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_10 doesn't work on older
>>> OSes, it needs to be the hardcoded value '101000' (since the define
>>> didn't exist back then). To sum up, this is the patch that worked for me:
>>
>> Please try the attached patch. It should be a neater solution
>> (checking whether the compiler supports instancetype directly).
>>
>> If MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_10 doesn’t exist we can define it ourselves, we
>> already do this with the other versions that have specific
>> requirements (top of nsterm.h). I evidently forgot to check whether we
>> need to define it before committing the change.
>>
>> Not that it matters now, this patch should work without it.
> 
> I tried the patch out, still has problems (this output is from Mac OS 10.9):

Crap. Ignore that last failure report, I accidentally tested a version
with the patch unapplied. When I actually test correctly, the patch
works. I tested on 10.6 and 10.8 (and I assume that the ones in between
also work :-)). Thanks!

-David