Subject: bug#27049: Acknowledgement ([PATCH] gnu: Add mathjax.)

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 00:17:54 +0530

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>>> +         (let ((install-dir (string-append %output "/share/webapps/mathjax"))
>>
>> I don't know if this is the correct path to install mathjax to. Do we
>> have any conventions/standards for this? Should I just put it in
>> /share/mathjax ?
>
> Maybe share/javascript?

I think we should do /share/javascript/mathjax

> Does Node have an opinion on where JS should live?

I have never actually used Node, and don't know much about it. Looking
at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5926672/where-does-npm-install-packages
it seems that npm, by default, installs to /usr/local/lib/node and
/usr/local/lib/node_modules

> What does Debian do?

Debian puts it under /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/. Debian has both
minified code and the full "unpacked" source code installed.