Subject: Re: bug#27041: MacOS 10.6: fix NS build

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 20:49:47 +0100

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 08:57:04PM +0200, Charles A. Roelli wrote:
> I've changed the source back to compile correctly (see patch).  It comes
> down to
> removing the "instancetype" identifiers and reverting an NSWindowStyleMask
> to an
> NSUInteger.

Hi Charles, can you try enabling the two typedefs at ~ line 67 in
nsterm.h to see if the first batch of errors go away?

I guess it’s possible the second typedef should be an NSUInteger
instead of a plain int. I just took a guess and that silenced the
errors when building under GNUstep.

> I also see this warning when compiling macfont.m:
> 
> macfont.m: In function ‘mac_font_shape_1’:
> macfont.m:416: warning: ‘NSLayoutManager’ may not respond to
> ‘-getGlyphsInRange:glyphs:properties:characterIndexes:bidiLevels:’
> macfont.m:416: warning: (Messages without a matching method signature
> macfont.m:416: warning: will be assumed to return ‘id’ and accept
> macfont.m:416: warning: ‘...’ as arguments.)
> 
> (some new arguments were added in the recent changes).  But this doesn't
> seem to affect functionality so I've left that change as is.

Probably we should be using one function for recent macOS’s and
another for old ones. Yamamoto san had something to say about it, but
I’ve not had a chance to investigate:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-05/msg00565.html

-- 
Alan Third