Subject: 25.2: fringe click event bug

From: "Charles A. Roelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 20:13:20 +0200

In Emacs 25.1/25.2:

   - emacs -q
   - C-h k
   - Click somewhere in the fringe:

     => Args out of range: "Describe key (or click or menu item): 
mouse-1", 0, 64

Same recipe in Emacs 24.5 pops up a description of the binding as expected:

=========
<mouse-1> (translated from <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>) at that spot runs
the command mouse-set-point, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `mouse.el'.

It is bound to <triple-mouse-1>, <double-mouse-1>, <mouse-1>.

(mouse-set-point EVENT)

Move point to the position clicked on with the mouse.
This should be bound to a mouse click event type.
=========

As a side note, while you click and hold the mouse in the fringe in an 
emacs-lisp mode
buffer in Emacs 25.2, the echo area indicates the current mode name. 
(This does not
happen in Emacs 24.5).  Not sure if this is related (or intentional).