Subject: bug#2702 closed by Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2702: 23.0.91; ls -al under eshell doesn't work on Windows Vista)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 20:55:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,w32 package:

#2702: 23.0.91; ls -al under eshell doesn't work on Windows Vista

It has been closed by Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2702: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2702
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2702: 23.0.91; ls -al under eshell doesn't work on Windows Vista
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Derek Kivi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:45:36 +0200

Fixed with the two changes below.

Still todo: make uid_t and gid_t unsigned types on Windows, to avoid
negative values for users such as TrustedInstaller, with a suitable
change in the emulated `struct stat'.

2009-03-18  Eli Zaretskii  <[email-masked]>

	* dired.c (Ffile_attributes): Make sure UID and GID are always
	positive, even if the value is too large for a positive EMACS_INT.
	Doc fix.

	* editfns.c (Fuser_login_name): Support float arguments.  Doc fix.

Subject: 23.0.91; ls -al under eshell doesn't work on Windows Vista
From: "Derek Kivi" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:48:21 -0600

In eshell, running the command "ls -al" can produce the following error:

c:/Derek $ ls -al

total 593

Wrong type argument: integerp, -2023488832.0

>From correspondence with Eli Zaretskii on the help-emacs-windows mailing

list, this is due to the fact that a user's uid can be a float larger
than

an Emacs Lisp integer can hold.

The owner of the .. directory (c: itself) appears to be a user called

TrustedInstaller.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.0.6001)

 of 2009-02-26 on LENNART-69DE564

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.0.6001

configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: ENC

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: EShell

Minor modes in effect:

  tooltip-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  global-auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  column-number-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

M-x e s h e l l <return> l s SPC - a l <return> c d 

<return> l s SPC - a l <return> c d SPC . . <return> 

l s SPC - a l <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> M-x 

r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:

Loading em-basic...done

Loading em-cmpl...done

Loading em-dirs...done

Loading em-glob...done

Loading em-hist...done

Loading em-ls...done

Loading em-prompt...done

Loading em-script...done

Loading em-term...done

Loading em-unix...done

-- 
Derek Kivi
Senior Software Developer

QuIC Financial Technologies Inc. 
Office: +1 403 210 8282 
Mobile: +1 403 863 5204 
[email-masked]

Risk. Managed.
www.quic.com 

Confidentiality Notice: The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and any related material from any computer.
ver. QuIC 0707